I went to the Website and signed up for like three things using my email. I did read the archived newsletter... the quote at the beginning is: “Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.” -Henry David Thoreau
(at this point I'm wondering if I'm too busy noticing everything that there is a something obvious I'm not noticing)
Felix has signed a letter at the beginning and sites upcoming changes in the organization. He mentions that James Madson (VP of Darlington Division) will be introducing valued staff members.
Introduction of Jacob Nilson by Madson: Nilson... used to be a volunteer, used to be an inspector - though my inspector is RS, Used to be a fund raiser specifically mentions bake sales.
There is a puzzle, by Mr. Puzzle: Solved I believe it says "The Pilot was born this year... twenty some years later he never made it to Brazil".
This is all I have related to Listening Friends of America.
Okay... next thing was an article with redacted sections about sinkholes.
I googled and found the actual article and copied down the redacted parts: Mulberry Street, Scott, The Baltimore Sun, Mullberry Street, Grace, Paca, York Road, Cockeysville, Centre Street in Mount Vernon, Kurt Kocher, The Leaky Pipe, Carries More Water, Kocher, Kocher, Breaks and Leaks, Are, Show, Depression, Adrienne Barnes, To last decades, Mulberry Street, Perhaps a century Barnes, Mulberry. I made a note to myself to map out the locations later. I'm not sure where to go from here so I'm moving on to the next thing.
3. There is a small white cup that looks like it might be a ketchup cup, or in an institution perhaps to be used as a pill cup. It's smashed and empty.
4. There is an envelop with the letter inside on the outside is the typed word friend. The letter isn't sealed. It's a typed letter thanking me for being their friend and talking about basically a quest to find the truth. I've noticed several of the phrases he used seemed forced and were from the redacted sections of the article. I've bolded them in the above paragraph. The letter is signed by John William James. Who, I promptly Google, but nothing is sticking out at me right away.
5. There is an Olive Green card with a picture of a swan on it that says "The Swan." I Google The Swan. Baltimore and a ballet about a serial killer comes on the screen. Well that's interesting, but there doesn't seem to be anything matching the picture.
6. There is what appears to be a star chart about half the size of a regular piece of paper. It's Blue and has some constellations on it. When I flipped it over to the other side I noticed there was a piece of what looks like fishing line or maybe a guitar string on the back attached with blue painters tape. I leave it in place for now, but google Swan Constellation and come up with Cygnus which is one of the constellations on the map. Very Interesting.
7. Also included in my box was a small notebook, I'm going to make note of all the above mentioned things in the book.