I can't wait until Box 2 arrives, but so far I'm hooked and Box 1 is keeping me super busy. Remember if you want to order your own Hunt A Killer Box you can use my code word "Clue" to get a discount!
Here are some of the things I've been working towards solving... I've decided not to put everything on here because I think that might ruin the fun for some.
I’m starting with The Swan card… it simply says “The Swan.” So I’m going to start by just googling it like that…
So apparently there are a lot of Swan related topics to be googled:
- The Swan was a theater in London
- When I went to images under Google another star chart popped up with a Swan constellation named Cygnus
- The Swan is a poem
- It’s a Ballet in Baltimore about Serial Killers
I’m moving onto the star chart for the moment… this thing has me baffled. A little more about the chart. Just to be clear I’m holding it in front of my face parallel to my head (it looks like the appropriate way to view it)…
- At the Bottom it has five horizon lines, so I assume that the things below the lines would not be visible at that particular location. From highest to lowest the lines are labeled NOrleans, Louisville, Philad(with some symbol behind it – I’m assuming Philadelphia), Boston and London. Below the Horizon lines on the card is this statement “The Northern Sky at 10pm, Sep23 at 9pm, Oct 8 and at 8pm Oct 23
- There are several constellations in the “Viewing area” of the star chart
- At the top the viewing area has a rounded shape and printed near the top of the card it is labeled “Overhead”. There is a line down the center of the card and directions on the left that say “O is the ‘point overhead’ for the latitude of Philadelphia on the right is says that “O is the ‘point overhead’ for the lat of Boston Ofor LondondEng.” Then on the left it states “Star of 1st Mag” and 3rd. On the right it says “Star of 2nd Mag” and 4th all with some star symbols behind the label.
So What am I going to do with this?
- I’m checking out Cygnus to see if the key tells me anything, but really I’m just guessing at this point. I even pulled the plastic (what I think is fishing line) off the back to see if it connected something, but I don’t think so.
- I put the dates that are in the bottom of the card in Google, I wish I had a year, but there doesn’t seem to be one. Should I try the year from the article?
I have no idea what to do with this thing – I’m going to put it aside for now.
Okay I’m looking at the letter from my friend. I’ve noticed that the phrases that I uncovered are all in what is more or less the middle section of the letter. Does that mean that there are more articles? I think I’m going to focus on the author this go… My friend’s name is John William James.
- Many of the John William James records that I’ve come across are for people who are deceased. I’m fairly confident my friend is alive!
- I’m now googling John William James and various phrases from the letter that seem like they could be a bit disjointed.